UNION COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Shawnee Hills Arts Council/Anna Arts Center Upcoming Events
Union County Chamber of Commerce issued the following announcement on April 24.
Shawnee Hills Arts Council/Anna Arts Center Upcoming Events
• Apr 27, Saturday, 11 am to 3 pm: Paint the Town at Anna Arts Center, 125 W. Davie St. Anna. Everyone, kids of all ages, is invited to Paint the Town. Paint a masterpiece alone or with friends/families.
• You will receive an assigned 4 foot by 4 foot square in the parking lot and all the supplies needed to paint your square on the West Davie Street Parking lot (125 W Davie Street).
• Play in the Bounce House!
• Come Join the Party – Paint your square, Bring Lawn Chairs, Sway to the Music, Visit with Others, and Have FUN!
• Modest Fee of $10
• Questions. call Lee’s cell 1-904-625-1109 or email email@example.com.
• Apr 27, Satrday,7 pm: Reader’s Theater TERMS OF SURRENDER. Steve Falcone’s two-man play about General Lee’s surrender to General Grant on April 9, 1865 at The Appomattox Courthouse in Virginia to end the Civil War.
• Bruce Welker as Confederate, General Robert E. Lee; and Steve Falcone as Union General, Ulysses S. Grant. James Busch will assume the role of Corporal Porter. The older, wiser generals will perform a staged reading.
• Tickets, $5, will be sold at the door.
• Apr 28, Sunday, 1:30 pm: Auditions for Annual Children’s Production the musical One Smart Pig.
• Be prepared to read a paragraph and to sing Happy Birthday!
• The musical has a Farm Choir so looking for everyone of all ages that likes to sing.
• It will be performed June 9, Sunday, at 2 pm, June 10, Monday, and June 11, Tuesday, at 7 pm at the Anna Arts Center
• All Ticket sale money goes to Marlee Smith.
• Apr 28, Sunday, 2 to 4 pm – Judged April Art Exhibit and Well-Dressed Penguins Reception and awards Come check out the local artists’ work and the Well-Dressed Penguins. Refreshments.
• It is FREE and everyone is invited. Auction and Awards will be presented at 3 pm.
Original source can be found here.